Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sticker Chart

A couple of weeks ago I was desperately trying to get Jackson to help me clean up his mess. He'd just point to it and say "Mama, Mama!". I said "No way, you need to help! I didn't make this mess!" He's taken a big interest in stickers so I asked him if he wanted a sticker. He said yes! So I said "okay, well if you help me clean up, I'll give you a sticker." That did it. The kid went to town and totally helped clean up the huge mess he had made. When he was all done, he got the sticker I promised him!

So I decided to make him a sticker chart where he could put the stickers he earns from helping to clean up. I didn't know if he was too little to really understand it but nope, he got it alright! It's been a HUGE success. All I have to ask is if he wants a sticker for his chart and he gets to work. When we're done cleaning up, we give each other a high five and then head on over to the fridge where he places a sticker on the chart and gets a sticker to keep (he likes to put them on his shirt). We're already on the 3rd row this week. Once he fills up a row he gets a special treat. Here he is enjoying some ice cream!


Christy, remember those magnets? :)


He wasn't too thrilled about me taking his pic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jackson!!! Save me some ice-cream........pa pa pa-lease!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, i recognize those magnets. I was actually thinking about all the stickers we used in AmeriCorps. I loved giving the kids stickers.