I arrived back from DC Monday afternoon and couldn't have been more excited about it. I missed Jerry & Jackson like crazy! I had a fantabulous time in DC though. We saw all sorts of things and walked so much that I don't think I could have made it another day. I took a ton of pictures but since I'm way too lazy to sort through them all and upload them here, you're only going to get one picture. Sorry, folks!
So let's see, what did we do. Lots! Our first day in DC we went on a monument tour which was fantastic! We got to see all the major monuments (US Capitol, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Wall Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and the White House). I think the Lincoln Memorial and the Vietnam Wall Memorial were my absolute favorites.
The next day we went to Arlington National Cemetery where we got to see the Changing of the Guard. That was amazing! We also stopped by the Iwo Jima Memorial and the Pentagon Memorial. Oh gosh, the Pentagon Memorial was absolutely stunning but incredibly sad and so, so surreal. Just standing there....gosh, I can't even describe it! I'm so glad we went there.
On Friday, we decided to hit up the museums. We planned to see several but could only get through the Air & Space Museum and the Holocaust Museum. I'm bummed we didn't make it to the National Archives. I really wanted to see the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution. Oh well, next time I suppose!
On Saturday, we made a trip out to Baltimore to go to the National Aquarium. What was supposed to be 10 minutes off the highway ended up taking an hour & a half because of the stinking Baltimore Marathon! We were so irritated and didn't think we'd ever make it but thanks to a nice lady at a Holiday Inn Express we found a back way and finally made it to the aquarium! It was located on a really nice harbor. We had lunch there at the Cheesecake Factory. Yum!
And on our last day in DC, we went to the National Zoo and Mount Vernon. Jerry was so jealous that I got to see where George Washington once roamed!
I had a great time and I'm so glad that I got to see my sister again! It had been way too long. I used to see her on pretty much a weekly basis so not seeing her for months has been no bueno!
Here's the ONE picture I promised you! ;)

Me at the Lincoln Memorial
2 comments:
I've been meaning to email you all week about your trip!! So glad you had fun!!!
Awesome! I've been twice in the past two years and still haven't seen all the things you did. 5th graders really slow you down!!! Glad you are home!
Post a Comment