Sunday, November 18, 2007

First Santa Picture

Jackson decided to beat the crowds and take his Santa picture early. So we headed to the mall last week to visit the bearded fellow in red. This was uncharted territory so there was no telling how Jackson would react!! Santa came over and said that it's best to face Jackson away from him but facing me while putting Jackson in his lap. That way maybe we'd get a good picture before he turns & looks at who the heck his holding him. I thought, good strategy, Santa! So I turned Jackson to face me and placed him on Santa's lap. The minute I walked away, he turned, looked up, saw the strange man, and FREAKED out! He immediately looked back at me, puckered that lower lip out, reached out his arms to me and started crying. I tried to reassure him as much as I could. The photographer managed to calm him down a bit by ringing a bell but that didn't last for long. He started crying again and just like that our Santa pictures were over. The best shot we got was of him with his finger in his mouth. It could have been worse. He could have had a look of complete horror on his face. So here you have it. Jackson's first Santa picture. Not too shabby for a first timer! Oh but his pant leg is driving me NUTS! I wish I could pull it down!!!!

No comments: