Monday, May 11, 2009

Family of 3

Tonight we celebrated our last night as a family of 3. Tomorrow evening at 6pm I'll be checking into the hospital to start the induction process. I'm 37 weeks this week therefore officially full term. I'd much rather go into labor on my own but with the all the blood pressure issues I've had, my doctor doesn't want me to go any further. I'm cool with that. I'm so over this whole mess! Plus whatever is best for my health & the baby's is the most important thing.

Tonight though I savored every last moment as a family of 3. We had a nice dinner. We headed outside for some evening play time. I sat & watched while Jerry & Jackson ran around the backyard. We laughed a lot. Jackson totally cracks us up! We hung out on the couch, watched Truck Fun (a show Jackson's obsessed with), and had an evening snack. We capped off the night by reading books, counting fingers & toes, and saying good night for the last time to our only child. The next time we tuck him in at night, we'll have 2 kids! I have to say I got choked up. We've spent 2.5 years with our sweet little guy and I know, I'm really going to miss it. Our lives are going to change dramatically...in a good way, but I still couldn't help but feel like I'm losing something. I know all those feelings will go away once I see & hold my sweet baby in my arms, but for now I'm sad that our time as a family of 3 has almost come to an end. So the next time you hear from us, we'll be a family of 4! Well, if you want to count the cats that'll make us a family of 6! Wow! I can't believe that time is already here! Wish us luck!

And to my sweet Jackson, you taught me what it meant to be a mom. I hope you always know how very special you are to me. I love you bunches, Bub!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I've really enjoyed reading about your family of three all these years, and I can't wait to see your family of four. I'll be thinking of you all day, Erica! The Bragaws wish you a speedy, uneventful delivery.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! It's normal to be sad when big changes are coming, but I think once Delaney is in the world, you are gonna find how much your love will grow to encircle all your children.

Anonymous said...

I cant' wait to see yet another beautiful addition to your family. Welcome Delaney..you are one lucky little girl.

See you soon. Helen