Wednesday, December 12, 2007

First Steps

I haven't had the chance to post this yet but Jackson took his first steps last week! I believe it was on Tuesday. My grandparents were here visiting and my grandpa was sitting on the floor playing with him. He stood Jackson up to face me and Jackson just took off towards me. He took maybe 5 steps before he dove for my lap! I didn't know if it was a fluke so we didn't give it too much thought. But the next day, he took a few more steps! He's gotten a little better with each day. If he sees something across the room, he'll now attempt to walk towards it instead of crawl. Just this morning, he was cautiously walking all around our kitchen. He's even attempted to try to stand up on his own (as opposed to pull himself up to standing). So it's been pretty exciting around here! Unfortunately, the little guy is getting sick. He started running a fever yesterday and has a runny nose. So we're keeping a close eye on him and hoping he doesn't get too much worse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting that Jackson is walking!!! I bet when he's feeling better, he's really gonna be testing those legs. I can't wait to see him in action.