Friday, April 03, 2009

Baby Shower!

Last Saturday my sister-in-law, my mom, and my aunt hosted a baby shower for little old me...well, not so little old me! It was held at a Mexican restaurant in downtown Austin. It was so much fun! I had a great time celebrating with my family & friends! I felt so special! :)

I was definitely missing my grandma, though. We really felt her absence, especially when I was given a small blanket that she had started crocheting for the baby. She didn't get very far but it means the world to me to have it. It's the very last thing she ever made. We didn't find out we were having a girl until late December, after she had already passed, but she absolutely knew it was going to be a girl and started making the blanket in late October, early November. I remember her mentioning to me that she had started a blanket in light girl colors. I told her she should wait until January or so, once we found out what we were having, that way she wouldn't waste her energy on it in case it was a boy. I'm so glad she didn't listen to me. I will treasure the blanket always. I'm incredibly grateful to my Tia Dolores (she's my grandma's aunt) for just tying up the loose ends of the blanket so that it wouldn't unravel. Unfortunately, I don't have a great picture of the blanket right now but I'll take one soon.

Okay, so on to a lighter note. Here are A LOT of baby shower pix! I look like such a dork in a lot of them and pretty crappy in most. Pregnancy is rough on this old gal. I look like a huge puffball! Two of some my grandma's very dear friends told me I was glowing. I think it might have been the sweat glistening off my forehead! ;) I appreciate their kind words, though!


Me & my momma! She's silly! She was supposed to be hosting but ended up playing games along with the guests. Some baby shower host, she is! :)


My wonderful sister-in-law & me! She set up all those lovely decorations. It was so pretty! I loved it. I mean look at those sunflowers! So pretty!


There's the awesome cake! It came out so good and tasted yummy! I hated having to cut into it! And for those of you who didn't know the baby's name yet...there it is!


Goodies galore! (why is this underlined!?)


Dear family friends: Mrs. Hernandez, me, and Mrs, Rodriguez


My awesome aunt (Annie) and me! She's a hoot! She was in charge of the games. One of the games we did was that toilet paper game. She thought one roll of toilet paper wouldn't be enough so she took 2 rolls! Sheesh, thanks a lot lady! : )


My cousin Jessica, me, and my godmother, Irma. I'm so glad they came!


Me getting ready for the toilet paper! Wow, I look dumb!


My friend, Christy, measuring me with the TP. Yeah, she lost...not by too much, though.


My friend, Amber's turn. She was WAY off! Too much TP...I sent her to sit down! :)


My sweet Tia Dolores, she was right on the money! In fact, she tied with Mrs. Romero (stepdad's mom) & my friend, Ann.


Cute little outfits from Amber!


The fantabulous quilt my Tia Dolores made for Delaney. I love it! My baby blanket is very similar to it.


Diaper cake my mom made for me.


I don't know what I was doing.


Cute little shoes from Mimi to Delaney.


Lovely gifts from Mrs. Carrizales. What a dorky picture!



Super cool blanket from my SIL, Crystal. I love it!


More awesome gifts from Crystal!


And yet another cute gift from Crystal!


And one more! Crystal & Diego really spoiled Delaney!


Bibs & onesies from my cousins, Michael & Steven. What sweet boys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...Looks like Delaney should be set. Everything is super cute. Wish I were there, can't wait to meet her.

Danielle said...

Thanks for posting all these pictures. It felt like being there! Delaney - how cute!!!