Today should have been a happy day. Instead, it was incredibly difficult. We spent Thanksgiving without someone who was incredibly special and important to us...my grandma. She passed away on Tuesday afternoon after a brave fight in ICU. I still can't believe it's real. This wasn't supposed to happen. I am beyond devastated.
Still, we all gathered today at my grandparents house for our annual Thanksgiving lunch. We laughed, we cried, we left her chair empty because that's where she would always sit. We got her things ready for the funeral, we talked about the details...who will read, who will speak, who will ride with who, but most of all we missed her. We missed her immensely. I lost someone who was like a mom to me and I can't imagine life without her.
I love you grandma! I love you so, so much!

2 comments:
Oh Erica - I am so sorry! :( I check out your blog every few days or so and had been following the story of your grandma. The post a few weeks ago about Jackson and the egg was so sweet and I was really hoping your grandma would be okay. You and your family will be in my prayers. Lots of hugs...
Erica, I know how much your grandma meant to you. I know the times that I met her, she was always so sweet and loving. I always thought it was so cool how long her and your grandpa had been together. I know the holidays are going to be tough, but you have a great family and I know you will support one another. Please let me know if there is anything you need to get through these times.
Love,
Christy
Post a Comment