we found that our little dude was in fact a little DUDE! I had my "big" ultrasound on 7.26.06. and it was the most exciting yet most nerve wracking day of our lives! This was the ultrasound that was going to tell us how the baby was developing, if there were any complications, and whether it was a boy or a girl. Our appointment was in the morning so thankfully we didn't have to wait all day before finding out how our baby was doing.
The technician took us to our room and had me lie down on the table. She hooked everything up and we were able to see what was going on up on the TV screen that was across the room from us. She started moving the wand around on my belly and it was amazing! We could see Baby Cohen moving around, having a good old time! I did make sure to drink a glass of orange juice in the morning!
The technician pointed out the legs, the arms, the head, the chambers of the heart...it was so cool! At one point, she got a great shot of his face. We had brought a VHS tape with us so she was able to record the whole ultrasound on video. The whole time she was checking the baby, I was just dying! I was so nervous because I didn't want anything to be wrong but at the same time, she was killing me b/c I didn't know if she could tell yet if it was a boy or girl. It seemed like forever before she asked us if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. We said yes. So she asked if we had any guesses. I said that Jerry thought it was a girl but that I was convinced, absolutely convinced that it was a boy. I told her that I was pretty much in the minority though because everyone else seemed to think we were having a girl. She then told me "You should have bet money on it...you're having a BOY!" I thought "OMG...I was right! I knew it!" I was so excited! She then proceeded to show us that yep, the baby was indeed a boy! :) It was so cool. We couldn't have been more thrilled. He was healthy and growing right on target for a December 14th due date.
We left the doctor's office extremely happy and relieved at the same time. After that, the phone calls began! From then on Baby Cohen became known as Jackson Joseph Cohen. I remember thinking wow, we're having a boy...I wonder what life will be like a year from now with our little boy! Well a year later, Jackson is almost 8 months old. He's attempting to crawl, he's pulling up on things, he's making silly noises, he's screaming at the top of his lungs, he's 'talking' ALL THE TIME, he's showing a bit of attitude (huh!?! where does that come from?), he's clapping ... he's just doing all sorts of fun things and we're having a blast with him! Hmm...I wonder what life will be like a year from now. We'll see!
I'll leave you with some pix of that sweet little baby from a year ago now doing one of his favorite things - playing and pulling up on his Leapfrog learning table!


Thursday, July 26, 2007
A year ago today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment