Well, it's official....Jackson is a rollin' & a rollin'! Woo Hoo!! Yesterday evening (Sunday) I put him on his belly to do some tummy time. I've been crossing my fingers that he'd roll over soon but he never gave me any indication that he was anywhere close to doing it! Instead, he'd show me his pouty lips and start fussing because he HATED (and still hates) tummy time! So I wasn't expecting anything different. Anyway, he's on his tummy and starts to teeter a little bit from side to side. The next thing I know he's pushed off his right arm, rolls to his left, and lands flat on his back!!! I couldn't believe it! It was actually really, really funny because it looked like he went in slow motion. What was ever funnier was his reaction. He was a bit startled...he didn't know what had just happened! And of course, I scared him to death since I screamed out in delight. Who knew a roll over would cause so much excitement! Unfortunately, his daddy missed the whole thing even though he was sitting in the same room just a few feet away! He was busy on the laptop and happened to look down at the very moment Jackson rolled over. :(
Jackson showed off his new found ability by rolling over several times at his great-grandparents house today! They were very impressed and quite amused. He just looks so funny when he rolls. It's the coolest thing though and I'm so excited about it! My little guy is growing up! ;)
On to the next accomplishment...
-Erica
Jackson during tummy time on the boppy
He actually looks like he's enjoying it here but for the most part he really does hate it!

1 comment:
Congrat's Baby J!
Post a Comment